Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s Pickering Casino Resort and Food & Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity at the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, and strong guest relations; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Cooks ( 1st, 2nd and 3rd) at Casino Ajax and Pickering Casino Resort.
Under the general direction of the Chef de Partie, this position is responsible for maintaining the smooth and efficient operation of all sections of the kitchen and serving areas through effective time management, overall professionalism and poise. Our cooks responsible for providing gracious level of customer service to guests to ensure guest satisfaction in a high-volume establishment. This role must contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees and must demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Above all else, this position must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Responsible for preparing all menu items with strict adherence to menu and ingredients specifications;
· Create and cost daily specials; Direct the line and be accountable for the success of each shift;
· Prepare, setup, stock up and tear down buffet as instructed;
· Prepare salads, sandwiches, dressings, sauces, vegetables, fruits and other food items in accordance with specific recipes;
· Reheat soups, crock pots and gravy as required;
· Work co-operatively with other kitchen personnel to prepare hot and cold appetizers for the buffet and restaurant outlets;
· Assist with preparing meat, seafood and raw food items in accordance with established recipes and food safety standards;
· Assist in preparing food items for catering and special events;
· Comply with food safety regulations and ensure all temperature logs are completed accurately;
· Control food waste and spoilage; responsible for restocking items as required;
· Clean and sanitize workstation before and after food preparation;
· Inspect work area daily and report any hazards and/or defective equipment to the Chef de Partie immediately;
· Comply with all health and safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
· Post-Secondary Education in a related field;
· Minimum three (3) years of kitchen experience with one (1) year in a casino environment;
· Completion of Safe Food Handling course or Safe Food Handler Certificate;
· Supervisory experience an asset;
· Strong knife handling skills;
· Knowledge of HACCP;
· Smart Serve Certified; WHMIS trained;
· Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment;
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong knowledge of food safety requirements;
· Ability to perform tasks effectively and safely within prescribed time limits;
· Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team;
· Ability to successfully pass criminal record check.
Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax candidates must be ready and willing to work at both locations, a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work and location will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent