Website Sign Nation
Work Hours: Mon to Friday
Number of positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Certificates Required: PMP would be considered an asset
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 2-3 years’ experience of outdoor construction / installation industry
– Responsible for ensuring that all site checks installations are conducted thoroughly and accurately.
– Oversee the installation, maintenance, repair or removal of various types of signage.
– Travel (using company vehicle) to various locations to conduct site checks and signage installations as required. – (Clean drivers abstract must be provided.)
– Accurately document and report relevant informational from designated site locations back to main office after site checks and installations are performed.
– Ensure a controlled work site area for the protection of all workers and pedestrians during installations.
– Wear appropriate weather and safety gear and follow all safety procedures.
– Interpret and follow the information provided within installation drawings and location plans to ensure the safe and accurate mounting of signage materials.
– Clean up any debris from work site after installations.
– Operate shop machinery to manufacture signage as required. (Machinery includes saws, drills, sanders, grinders etc.)
– General knowledge of different substrates, and fabrication processes.
– Electrical wiring knowledge, low voltage experience (lighting components for led, neon and fluorescent lights)
– In-depth comprehension of vinyl materials (weeding and masking) and correct application to substrates.
– Ability to lift materials – 50 lbs or more
– Knowledge of proper fasteners to use with different substrates. (Construction knowledge)
– Ability to effectively troubleshoot / problem solve during unanticipated situations.
– Daily general shop cleanup / regular maintenance of installation tools and hardware
– Experience with aerial lifts – (Essential to have fall arrest and WHMIS certification. Training will be provided to obtain this certification.)
– Comprehend maps to get to locations efficiently
– Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language).
– Attention to detail and the ability to follow through on specific instructions is critical.
– Must take accountability for their workmanship, and ensure that the highest quality assurance standards are being implemented throughout each and every job they perform.
– Someone with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that the job gets done correctly and on time.
– Minimum 2 years’ experience within an outdoor construction related field. (Signage industry knowledge would be considered a bonus.)
– Knowledge of channel letters, electrical signs, vinyl
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
– Familiar with wide variety of tools, (Drills, saws, etc.)
– Ability to accurately use measuring instruments within 1/16” precision.
– Independent thinking / problem solving; ability to complete tasks without direct supervision.
– Experience operating a bucket truck, scissor lift etc.
– Personable – able to speak with clients in a courteous and professional manner on behalf of the company.
Sign Nation located in Newmarket Ontario is a leading custom sign manufacturer of architectural products, including all types of exterior and interior signage and other specialty elements for businesses across Canada.