Number of positions: 2
Work Hours: 8 hours
Monday to Friday
Benefits (Yes/No?): No
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED
Own Transportation Required: Yes
Start Date: Immediately
We are looking for a reliable, self-assured individuals wanting to trains as assistant Marine Service Technician
Duties include assist Lead mechanics to perform maintenance and repairs on a variety of marine watercraft. The Assistant Marine Service Technician’s responsibilities include regular inspection and testing of engines, propellers, and steering mechanisms, as well as replacing valves and bolts. You should also be able to purchase the required tools and supplies.
To be successful as a Marine Service Technician, you should have excellent attention to detail and strong self-discipline. An outstanding Marine Service Technician demonstrates great hand-eye coordination and should be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, repairing, and maintaining all parts of the boat or vessel.
- Reading through repair and installation orders to determine the material, time, and equipment required.
- Scraping away old paint, barnacles, and debris from vessels.
- Removing and replacing rotted or rusted sections of the vessel.
- Constructing replacement parts using drawings, saws, and various hand and power tools.
- Testing engines, propellers, steering, and navigational equipment.
- Shrink wrapping and winterization of Boat and PWC.
- Liaising and consulting with the supervisor and other relevant professionals and vendors.
- Must be able to take direction easily and ask questions if uncertain about anything. – Assist the mechanic on staff to perform duties
- General Housekeeping
Practical experience with tools and equipment used.
Ability to read and interpret work orders write down part numbers.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Good customer service skills.
A willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback.
The ability to carry heavy loads and to stand, sit, and stoop for prolonged periods.
Have a safety course or has been trained on WHMIS in the workplace
Housekeeping and general upkeep of the shop floor including the handling of Hazardous materials.
- Must have some mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and write on work orders
- Must be able to take direction.
- Must be enthusiastic and ready to work
Strong work ethics
** Potential for Mechanic Apprenticeship
**Successful candidates will be required to submit valid proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are open to hiring newcomers or youth that have some skill and want to learn the trade
Company Culture: Team work and customer satisfaction
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
Must be able to take direction.
Must be enthusiastic and ready to work
Strong work ethics