Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Work Hours: Monday – Friday (daytime weekdays) 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Start Date: Immediately
Education / Certificates Required: Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 2-5 years
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Will have a minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience of full cycle bookkeeping for a variety of clients in different industries
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting.
- Experience working in an accounting or bookkeeping firm and/or providing financial statements/documents to a client’s accountant/controller.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Extremely detail-oriented and take pride in your ability to produce accurate work output.
- Possesses ability to work autonomously while also being part of a close-knit team.
- Astute problem solver and able to set priorities and organize your time.
- Strong command of English, both spoken and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates success-oriented mindset and want to grow with an expanding firm.
- Strong sense of urgency and are able to meet deadlines for monthly client reviews.
- A genuine team player, respecting other people’s accomplishments and feel pride in your own.
****Successful candidates will be required to submit valid proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. 2-doses (2-doses + booster preferred)
Company Culture: Small team who sometimes shares clientele; inclusive and appreciative of diversity.
Social Interaction: Interacts with co-workers, Email/Phone (mostly with clients)
Communication: English speaking role.
Email/Phone (mostly with clients)
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: Someone who takes pride in work and doesn’t mind helping others when issues arise; polite and skilled in bookkeeping principles