Number of Positions: 2 – 3
Work Hours: 35hours/week
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Start Date: TBD
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: Typically requires 1 to 3 years of related experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– This position is responsible for the cutting and preparation of all meats (beef, veal, lamb, goat and chicken). The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers.
– Provide superior customer service and support company vision of the best fresh Halal meat shopping experience in Ontario
– Have a passion for food and knowledgeably handle all customer questions or comments confidently
-Cut and prepare all fresh and prepared meat for sale and always ensure an adequate supply of cuts. – Package, stock and rotate display counters ensuring that product is finessed and of high quality
– Keep the work, storage and store areas clean and safe at all times by performing general cleaning as required, including equipment maintenance and sanitizing, sweeping and mopping
– Comply with all policies, especially as they relate to Health and Safety, Food Safety and equipment use
– Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
– Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
– In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
– Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
– Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.