Work Hours: Primarily Full-time (minimum 30 hours), Back of house: 10 am – 3:30 pm / 3:30 – 9:15 pm
Number of Positions: 1-2
Education Required: High school diploma preferred
Certificates Required: Certified in recognized Safe Food Handling program preferred
First Aid certificate preferred
WHMIS certificate preferred
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 1 – 3 years of experience in branded quick-service restaurants or restaurants with fast-paced service
– Ensure all food are prepared and cooked according to guidelines.
– Maintain established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
– Review daily prep list and maintain a level of food production to cater to peak demands.
– Ensure safe and sanitary practices are adhered to.
– Follow all proper food safety procedures during preparation and cooking including maintaining all required labels and logs.
– Ensure that all food is cooked and served in the right condition, at the right temperature, and at the right time.
– Maintain all related work areas and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
– Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping as well as cleaning of equipment throughout shift.
– Clean and sanitize all required tools and equipment as required – daily, weekly, monthly
– Report damaged and/or inoperable equipment and fixtures to the manager on duty.
– Assist in taking inventory.
– Check and verify all deliveries.
– Record delivery temperature and put away the orders according to FIFO (first in first out) method.
– Perform morning kitchen set up and/or evening kitchen shut down duties.
– Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
– Demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, and respect for customers in all situations.
– 15+ up
– Ensure all preparation and cooking are performed according to Mary Brown’s Standards. Consistently deliver freshness, superior quality, and appealing presentation of all food products at all times.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Potential for superficial cuts and burns.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
– Must have simple computational skills.
– Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
– Basic knowledge of cooking methods and knife handling
– Solid understanding of Health and Safety issues
– Solid understanding of Food Costs
– Solid understanding of Food Safety