Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 44 hours per week
Number of positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 3-5 years’ experience in the custom fabrication industry
– Interpret architectural and shop detail drawings. Build to specifications.
Operate shop machinery / tools to manufacture, assemble and repair various types of signage products as required. (Machinery / tools include mitre saws, table saws, drills, sanders, grinders, rivet guns, metal brake, shear, slip roller etc.)
– Experience with a CNC table routers, channel letter bending machinery, laser cutting table and paint booth equipment would be considered an asset.
– Electrical wiring knowledge, low voltage experience (lighting components for led, neon and fluorescent lights)
Vinyl material applications (weeding and masking).
Safe application of various types of industrial adhesives.
– Ability to lift materials – 50 lbs or more
– Maintain adequate raw material, hardware and consumable supplies stock levels.
– Receiving and storing inventory deliveries, ensuring proper materials and quantity are received.
– Wear appropriate safety gear and follow all safety procedures.
– Ensure a safe and controlled work area within the shop environment.
– Ability to effectively troubleshoot / problem solve during unanticipated situations.
– Accurately document and report relevant project build information for historical reference.
– General shop organization and cleanup / regular maintenance of fabrication tools.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language).
– Attention to detail and the ability to follow through on specific instructions is critical.
– Must take accountability for their workmanship, and ensure that the highest quality assurance standards are being implemented throughout each and every job they perform.
– Someone with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that the job gets done correctly and on time.
– Solid background interpreting technical shop detail drawings and designs.
– Extensive practical experience handling power tools and a thorough understanding of fabrication process techniques used when working with raw materials such as metals, plastics and wood, is an absolute must.
Sign Nation located in Newmarket Ontario is a leading custom sign manufacturer of architectural products, including all types of exterior and interior signage and other specialty elements for businesses across Canada.