Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Concrete Restoration Laborer
Work Hours: Flexible working hours and schedule = flexibility required
Full time employment Monday to Friday
Pay: $20.00-25.00 depending on experience
· Competitive compensation package
· Extended Health benefits
· High levels of job autonomy and control
Start Date: Immediately
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: Previous experience in construction, concrete restoration, and water proofing and expansion joints is an asset.
· Perform a wide variety of jobs and duties as assigned, with a high level of proficiency and accuracy
· Report any deficient tool to Foreman for tag out and repair
· Ensure any daily maintenance/inspections are completed
· Participate in the safety culture. Such as tool box talks, in accordance with the company policy’s and work safe procedures
· Accountable for proper and timely reporting of accidents, near miss, first aid, and incidents to Foreman
· Clean or prepare constructions sites to eliminate possible hazards
· Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
· Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications. Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
· Pour concrete, cut wood, install lagging
· Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels and other tools
· This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
· Ability to work in all types of weather, with flexibility of the work schedule dependent on the client requirement
· Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs+ regularly
· Ability to perform various types of physical labor including moderate to heavy lifting, standing, bending, shoveling, etc.
· Able to exercise good judgment in load handling, placement of equipment and material
· Safely use working tools properly and treat with care.
Company Culture: we care about and take care of our people
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: someone who is looking for long term
Social Interaction: high