Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Housekeeping Room Attendant
Number of positions: 3
Work Hours: Part-time hours
Hours are not guaranteed – Ideally scheduled for 1 8-hour shift/week at minimum
9:00 AM START / Sunday 9:30 AM
Unionized company = when you are called in, it’s a minimum of 4 hours
Benefits (Yes/No?): Choice Hotel Discounts
Own Transportation Required: Yes
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 1-year previous experience with cleaning
Start Date: ASAP
· Clean and service assigned guest rooms in a timely and organized manner according to hotel procedures and brand standards.
· Provide genuine service and assistance to guests.
· Maintain room attendant cart, replenishing any items as required.
· Always follow established safety procedures and wear protective equipment when needed.
· Respond to housekeeping room cleaning request from either guest or management in a timely and efficient manner.
· May assist with deep cleaning projects.
· Previous hotel cleaning and customer service experiences are an asset.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand or walk for an extended time period.
· Flexible attitude to scheduled shifts – the incumbent may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
· Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure.
· Literacy skills – reading, writing, and oral.
· Outstanding organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
· Work well independently and in a team environment with minimum supervision
· Self-motivated, honest, creative, capable of working in a team environment
Company Culture: Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skillsets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity, and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
- Detail oriented individual with good time management skills and the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Limited, can vary day to day.
Opportunity to interact with other hotel team members and in house guests.
Communication: Verbal / Written if able as needed.