Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Estimator, Hardscape & Softscape
Location: Port Perry
Number of positions: 1
Work Hours: TBD
Pay: $25+ (depending on skill level)
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in estimator field of interest
Certificates Required: None
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 5 Years
Own Transportation Required: No – must get to shop an then will drive company vehicle
Start Date: Immediately
· Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
· Maintains contact and relationships with private individuals and other organizations.
· Identifies labor, material, and time requirements.
· Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
· Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
· Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
· Continually updates technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Strong analytic capabilities
· G License and clean drivers abstract
· Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and word processing programs
· Understanding of construction documents
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Ability to coordinate and work independently
· Knowledge of CAD software
Company Culture: Small, tight-knit crew and company who values input and performance
Social Interaction: Medium-to-High
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: Knowledgeable in hardscape and softscape landscaping and specifically insightful regarding the field of Horticulture – and strength in numeracy and measuring
Communication: Fluent English (spoken and written)