Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Number of positions: 1
Work Hours: 35 – 40 Hours per week; 7 AM to 3 PM
Pay: $16 to start (plus bonuses and commissions)
Benefits (Yes/No?): YES
Education Required: The candidate will be trained primary in commercial cleaning services including: carpet, tile, duct, hard floors cleaning, flood services, etc.
We are looking for a mature individual that wants to grow with our company.
This position has an evolving nature and the above job description will be reviewed annually to ensure it is kept up to date.
IICRC Certification in Advanced Carpet Cleaning
IICRC Certification in Upholstery Cleaning
IICRC Certification in Flood Restoration
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: The right individual can expect extensive training for this position.
Start Date: ASAP
- To assist in the performance of specialty services for commercial and residential clientele.
- To assist in equipment maintenance or repairs as able.
- To assist in general handyman opportunities in office and at clients as required.
- To assist in general shop organization and vehicle cleanup / maintenance.
- To participate in regular company meetings and participate in maintenance of shop area on an ongoing basis.
- To actively work on in house training programs. To take courses as appropriate outside of office.
- To ensure office procedures are followed and paperwork is filled out in an accurate and timely manner.
- To assist Janitorial Supervisor in new startups, fill ins, and extra cleaning duties.
- To participate in the Emergency On-Call Program as directed by Specialty Operations Manager.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of customer service principles and able to consistently implement.
- Flexible and able to handle change effectively with minimal disruption to fulfilling job requirements.
Considered an asset (not required):
- Those with professional certifications (IICRC) will be given priority.
- First Aid/ WHIMS
- Some mechanical experience
- Some handymen experience
- Flooring installation.
- HVAC installation
We will consider any other skills that you might find will make you a good candidate for this position
Social Interaction: with client and customers
**Medical Requirements (ie. vaccinations): N/A (Employer supplies all PPE and testing done on a regular basis)
Company Culture: After 30 years in the business, we can attest that our processes have greatly assisted in keeping clients returning year after year for their building maintenance needs.
We ensure our processes make their experience seamless. We operate ethically and our professional and trained technicians provide the utmost care to our clients. Our clients are always amazed at our excellent results.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: The candidate must fit well with our team’s dynamics and company culture. Our company has been servicing the Durham region and GTA for over 30 years.