Website MTC Manufacturing & Technology Centre
MTC in Whitby, has established and prides itself on being a premier Service Solutions provider for brand name consumer electronics and appliances within North America. Over the past 20 years, MTC’s commitment to innovation and our focus on the market’s needs has allowed us to expand our services support portfolio and the associated product category coverage to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers.
We are currently looking to hire an Accounting Administrator to join our Finance team for an 18-month maternity leave contract! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a great team environment and work-life balance.
During the 18-month leave contract, the Accounting Administrator will support the VP of Finance and Accounting team with various essential accounting and administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, purchase orders, cheques and invoices using QuickBooks
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems and photocopying
- Prepare purchase orders and process orders with suppliers
- Sourcing product from vendors
- Work with suppliers to negotiate pricing, quantities and lead times
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel
- Minimum of one year experience of full cycle accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise is an asset
- Ability to manage the full AP/AR cycle
- Passionate, high energy and most importantly, a desire to learn.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with issues in a timely manner
Physical & Working conditions
- Stand and sit for extended periods of time.
No emails, phone calls or agencies please. MTC is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.