Location: Sites Across Durham Region, Ontario
Number of positions: 1
Work Hours: 40 hrs./wk., 5 Days/Wk.
(Mon. – Fri., 9 am – 5 pm)
Pay: $25 – $30/hr.
(Dependent on skills and experience)
Benefits (Yes/No?): No
Own Transportation Required: Yes
Start Date: Immediately (A.S.A.P) flexible
- Performs polished and full-scale residential renovation (occasional commercial reno. as well).
- Specialization in entire main floors, kitchens, and bathrooms, but entire home transformation too.
- Interior framing, site demolition, materials storage, movement, and installation, measuring, drywalling, and basic carpentry.
- Laying foundations, fitting windows, clearing sites, building walls, designing, and digging trenches.
- Working with scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, barricades, and various hand-held and power tools and equipment, such as screwdrivers, brushes, trowels, knives, crimpers, wrenches, crimpers, and clamps. Power tools could include mixers, saws, shovels, hammers, cutters, grinders, drills, guns, and breakers.
- General understanding of electricity, compressed air, liquid fuel, hydraulic power, or power actuated machinery for basic cutting, boring, grinding, etc.
- Exterior fencing and backyard transformation; decking, patios, repairs, pool, and oasis surrounding construction.
- Functional numeracy and literacy.
- Polite, positive attitude with willingness to learn and take direction from team lead and clients; able to relay and clearly convey information and updates. Accepts relevant training and demonstrates continuous safety-minded expertise and industry standards compliance.
**Vaccination is preferable but not mandatory. However, it could be demanded by clientele.
Company Culture: All about creating high-quality service delivery and product; goes “the extra mile” continuously for clients; passionate about renovation – transforming places; “We eat, breath and love renovation — it’s about art and being the best!”
Social Interaction: Socially pleasant; polite but doesn’t have to talk often or present a lot of info, etc.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: Passionate about the work; reliable and dependable; strong work ethic; commitment to the trade and client satisfaction; eager to devote time and energy to deliver excellence and who’s physically fit – able to lift to 60 lbs.
Someone who’s willing to put in the time required to excellence and who’s fairy physically fit – able to lift to 60 lbs.
Communication: Basic English; will read tape measures and step-by-step instructions, didactics and manuals.