On March 27th, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced additional measures to support small businesses dealing with the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.

These measures will help employers keep employees on payroll, assist both employers and employees pay bills, and help get businesses and individuals get through this difficult time.

Employers can receive:

  • Up to 75% wage subsidy for 3 months, backdated to March 15, 2020

Any SME business that has undergone a 30% or more reduction in business revenue is eligible for the 75% employee wage subsidy up to $58,700 or $847 per week. Serious future penalties for any business not providing accurate information. It is the hope / expectation of government that businesses will top the subsidy by the remaining 25%.

  • Deferred GST/HST payments until the end of June (equivalent to giving $30B in interest free loans)
  • Canada Emergency Business Account to provide interest-free for the first 12-months, up to $40K loans with a possibility of up to $10K forgiven
  • SME Loan and Guarantee program that will enable up to $40 billion in lending through EDC and BDC

More details will be rolled out soon.

Click to access the press release.


Read Employment E-News – April 2020 – Navigating New Territory

Image provided by www.1COMMUNITY1.ca

Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre

Log in to your DRUHC Member Account. Not a Member? Register Here: Job Seeker | Employer

DRUHC - Employer - Looking to Hire
Click or drag a file to this area to upload.
DRUHC - Employer - Employment Specialist Appointment Request

Leave this blank if the location is not important
Select if this is a remote position.
Choose some tags, such as required skills or technologies, for this job.
Deadline for new applicants. The listing will end automatically after this date.

Company Details

DRUHC - Job Seeker - Employment Counsellor Appointment Request
Use Home Phone if Mobile Phone is not available.
DRUHC - Employer - Training Grant Access
DRUHC - Appointment Request
Home Phone if Mobile is not available.
DRUHC - Job Seeker - Computer and Employment Resources Request
Use Home Phone if Mobile Phone is not available.