Re-Defining the HOLIDAY Season
Make It Meaningful
The holidays are often consumer-driven but there are many ways that we can celebrate the season without feeling tired, overwhelmed or broke.
Here are a few ways to make it meaningful:
- Get outside by yourself or with friends & family
- Play a board game
- Make a meal or treat with a family member
- Create hand-made gifts and ornaments
- Recycle old items (e.g. print a favourite picture and put it in an old frame – makes a great gift)
- Offer coupons for services like walking the dog, cleaning out a closet, shoveling snow, etc.
Most importantly, make it your own – focus on what matters to you and your loved ones.