The Future of WORK
Labour Market Information Council provided a snapshot of data related to job trends in education.
Did you know — between December 2021 and December 2022:
- The number of job postings for school principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education were up 634%
- Job postings for university professors and lecturers were up 51%
- The number of job postings for educational counsellors were up 15%
- In Québec, the number of job postings for early childhood educators and assistants decreased 38%
Insights and Resources:
Despite the high rate of educated Canadians, the labour market is facing a shortage of skilled workers. Click for info.
- Over the next decade, the largest job gains are expected in jobs requiring university or college education as well as in occupations involving skills that are difficult to automate. Click for more.
- Following a job loss, individuals who graduated with a college or CEGEP certificate or diploma had larger increases in annual earnings than those who did not. Read the article “Does taking short postsecondary programs or independent credits benefit recently displaced workers?”.
- The Canadian Job Trends Dashboard allows users to explore labour market information based on trends found in online job postings from across Canada. Click to explore Canadian Labour Market Info.