Use the Search Icon to find help, look for information and discover grants, webinars and events.
Are You LOOKING to HIRE?
Work with DRUHC to hire employees.
Looking to Hire? Need to Train Your Employees?
Connect with an Employment Specialist
We can help you:
- Improve business efficiency – save time, money and effort
- Source suitable applicants
- Ensure your employer information remains confidential
- Pre-screen skilled and qualified candidates
- Access government funds including incentives to train your employees (based on eligibility)
- Post a job to our Job Portal
- Meet Health & Safety requirements in the workplace
- Access a range of employment resources
An active directory of job opportunities from employers in the Durham Region and GTA.
Create a job opportunity
on the Job Portal.
Screen and Place Candidates
We can help you find the right person with the skills and experience you need. We will:
- Help you develop job descriptions
- Search our database for candidates with matching skills and experience
- Expand search via community partners if needed
- Provide progress updates
- Pre-screen candidates
- Keep your company name confidential
- Interview candidates (on request)
- Host e-job fairs / industry-specific hiring events
a World of
We host webinars that are designed to help you meet your hiring needs, learn of government supports, and expand your network.
Connect with DRUHC to see if you qualify for training grants.
Based on eligibility, we can off-set some of the initial cost of on-the-job training new employees through training incentives.
- We will provide you with the invoices required to claim the training incentives (confirmation required of hours worked and rate of pay).
- Once required documentation is received, we will process a cheque within five business days
Financial support is available for businesses that invest in training their workforce through the Canada-Ontario Job Grant. You determine training needs, employees to be trained and the training provider.
We can provide information on accessing other government funds to offset your business costs.
Contact an Employment Specialist to learn more about the programs available to help your business.