Website La Belle's Garden Centre
Enjoy working outside this summer at La Belle’s Garden Centre.
A workspace boasting a team vibe and positive team energy
Successful candidates must be willing to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
LaBelle’s will gladly work with college and university students for start dates beginning after exams.
We encouraged high school students and retirees to apply with consideration of modified hours.
- Cashiers & General Labourers
- Drivers (must have a clean abstract and commercial driving experience)
- Tree/Shrub/Soil yard sales/labourer
We are looking for individuals who have a positive self-motivating attitude and willingness to work hard in our fast-paced, outdoor environment. We are a team-orientated company, and successful candidates will be willing to work in alternative positions/perform different tasks as requested by the management team.
Our ideal candidate is dependable and hardworking
- Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited:
- Perform work tasks in all types of weather outdoors
- Provide excellent customer service by finding solutions/answers for questions and concerns
- Plant care and maintenance, including watering and pruning
- Assisting with the loading of small and large items in customer or company vehicles
- Unloading and stocking displays and merchandising
- Helping with deliveries
- Keep the greenhouse and yard in a clean and orderly manner at all times
Qualification and skills
- experience working in a greenhouse, garden centre, nursery or for a landscaping company is an asset
- capable of lifting to 25-30pounds, bending, twisting, walking and standing for long periods of times
- Experience using a front end loader is an asset
- Dependable to work efficiently independently
- Able to work as a team on group tasks efficiently
- Willingness to learn and grow in their position
- Capable of working long shifts
- Candidates should have strong knowledge or willingness to learn about plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees) & gardening.
- Ability to provide sound horticulture consultation for plant selection and plant care specific to customer needs is an asset but not necessary
- Ability to provide specific gardening advice to customers, for example, on soils, fertilization, pest control, irrigation and use of garden equipment is an asset but not necessary • First aid certification is an asset
Belinda R. La Belle
LaBelle Group Inc.