Location: 13 Locations Across Canada.
Our company offers expertise in cannabis therapy education and has 13 locations across the country. We work closely with our partnered licensed producers to improve the health of our veteran and civilian communities nationwide.
Education /Certificates Required: A college degree or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 3 years’ experience or an equivalent combination
Main Responsibilities: The Accounting Assistant will be working in several companies’ books in various capacities and therefore should be flexible and be able to manage many different tasks within any given day.
The Accounting Assistant will maintain AR and AP ledgers of selected records, resolving account irregularities, and deliver timely reporting. The candidate will also provide support to the full finance department, including but not limited to the preparation of month end schedules and journal entries. This position involves diplomatic interaction with employees, partners, and senior management. The Accounting Assistant must be highly organized and be familiar with the full-cycle accounting experience.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements for department leads.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities.
- Prepare monthly receivables related to partner agreements and multidisciplinary activity.
- Enter all receivables and corresponding payments.
- Enter all payables for selected entities.
- Prepare financial schedules for monthly prescriber appointments.
- Prepare weekly Physician billing payables and reconcile with the patient software.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Apply monthly allocation methods to the various accounts, as necessary.
- Prepare bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for 4 entities.
- Set up Journal entries such as accruals and prepaids monthly and at the yearend, as necessary.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare schedules, working papers, and analysis to support the Director of Finance with various financial reports.
- Provide analyses of medical patient data noting trends month to month.
- Train in other areas of Finance to assist colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office with strong skills in excel (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Formula Audit and Fixing Errors).
- Knowledge and practical experience with SAGE and QuickBooks accounting software.
- A demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- A sound understanding of accounting, budgeting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational skills. A critical thinker.
- An analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team as well as under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- An ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- A team player attitude.