Website Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Please note: this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre on behalf of the employer.
Day-to-day operations with respect to waste receiving, handling, processing and disposal. The labourer will load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers.
• Receive all client waste – both bulk liquids/solids and containerized
• Take samples from waste vehicles and containers for lab analysis
• Load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers
• Operate plant machinery and assist with general maintenance
• Assisting in waste treatment and wastewater treatment methods and processes
• Assist with preparing shipments of hazardous and non-hazardous waste for transport
• Gain a full understanding and working knowledge of the company’s standard operating procedures (SOPs), and ensure they are followed
• Notify the Shift Supervisor/General Manager of any defects, damages, mistakes, errors, contamination, spills, other incidents or accidents that are identified
• Document and report completion status of work assigned by the Shift Supervisor/Manager
• Previous hazardous and non-hazardous waste management experience is an asset
• Previous experience operating air diaphragm pumps and bulk liquid transfer systems is an asset
• Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs
• Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing.
• Propane forklift experience/certification is an asset
• Must be motivated, able to multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment
• Must be comfortable working in a mostly outdoor environment
• Emergency response availability including evenings and weekends
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr