Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Number of positions: 1
Work Hours: Full-Time, on-site resident
(40 hrs./wk., generally 9 am – 5 pm), generally day-time hrs. but exceptions when necessary)
Pay: Live-In 2-Bedroom Apartment + Parking Spot + Heat, Hydro, Gas
Superintendents only pay for cable TV
+ $30,000.00/yr. salary
+ 2 Weeks Paid Vacation After One Year
Education / Certification Required: All courses and credentials with relevance are an asset
Benefits (Yes/No?): No
Vaccination/Medical Testing and/or Disclosure Required: None
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 1 Years+ in residential and/or commercial maintenance space
Start Date: ASAP
· Clear, clean and paint vacant units and ensure they’re ‘up to snuff’ for new tenants.
· Install, repair, and maintain cooperative senior’s residential building as live-in superintendent.
· Inspect doors, windows, hallways, fixtures, elevators, hallways, apartments, common areas, and public spaces, and always maintain the safety and cleanliness of them.
· Make notes and report to senior leaders, contractors, third parties, family members and/or social workers/nurses, etc., of residents, and respective residents themselves.
· Inform customers on issues; explain in ‘laymen’s’ terms and offer best solutions, with price quotes.
· Maintain good relationships with residents, colleagues, and community partners.
· Ensure the building is safe, clean, and presentable for residents and visitors at all times.
· Promote and foster a high level of client satisfaction is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
· Plan, schedule, organize, direct, and control various repair, improvement, demolition, refinement, and construction projects, to schedule, specifications and budget.
· Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
· Oversee day-to-day activities on-site and involving building and its residents.
· *Only child-free couples need apply (no single applicants)
· *Smoke and pet-free environment
· Be familiar with and adhere to Ontario’s Health & Safety Policy (OHS).
· Ensure a complete knowledge and understanding of WHMIS, and ensure all contractors and vendors comply with safe handling guidelines; immediately report infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment to supervisor.
· Be thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures including fire, flood, elevator entrapment, power outage, and mold remediation.
· Have knowledge and understanding of all maintenance systems (pumps, emergency generators, boilers, HVAC, chillers, swimming pools, sprinklers, etc.).
· Complete maintenance requests within 24 hours to ensure resident safety and satisfaction.
· Complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, and basic electrical repairs – or ensure contractors are in in a timely fashion to do so.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: Positive attitude, strong work ethic, reliable, understands the needs of senior residents, is able to maintain confidentiality, and has good communication skills
Company Culture: Equitable and close senior’s space — community minded
*Pet and smoke-free building
Social Interaction: Medium-to-High
Must explain problems, troubleshooting, etc. to residents — spoken and written English