Please note: this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre on behalf of the employer.
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the CEO
- HR Coordinator duties such as orientation, benefits enrollment, job postings
- Communications: employee newsletter, update website, etc.
The Executive Assistant is accountable directly to the Chief Executive Officer for the high-level administrative support. Liaise with the Board of Directors and senior management. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties while meeting organizational needs.
It is imperative the incumbent work collaboratively with all members of the Corporation. This position is privy to highly confidential information. A high degree of tact, discretion, accuracy, diplomacy, professionalism and sound judgment is required.
- Provide effective, timely, confidential and professional executive support to the CEO
- Develop and maintain complete and up to date executive office files, scheduling, records, tracking mechanisms and bring forward calendars and materials for the CEO
- Monitor and respond to correspondence and inquiries as requested
- Draft and update policies and procedures as requested
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual reports
- Maintain credentials of a Commissioner of Oaths in support of tenants
- Accurate development and/or maintenance of the Board of Directors files, reference and orientation materials, and compliance with corporate report filing requirements
- Organize the logistics of meetings for the Board and Corporation
- Represent the Corporation at meetings as requested
- Develops administrative projects and work plans to support the implementation of strategic goals
- Respond to and manage crisis and/or emergency situations
Human Resource Function:
- Administer all employee pension and benefit programs and provide information to eligible employees regarding programs
- Disability and WSIB management and reports
- Support managers on the recruitment process of individual contributor-level positions
- Maintain and conduct orientation for all new staff
- Tracking and notification of absences and vacations
- Prepare and send internal and external communications using distribution lists.
- Update the company website with relevant information, job postings, etc.
- Maintain the company’s public profile on various public platforms with professionalism and in line with corporate values.
- Strong Computer Skills – office admin, email, word, excel
- The successful candidate will have a high level of discretion, advanced organizational skills, and excellent written English
- Superior skills in office administration and systems to gather and maintain data with advanced competency with computer technology
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English for a variety of audiences; fluency in another language considered an asset
- Experience working in a unionized setting an asset
Education Required: Completed post-secondary education in human resources, business administration, or communications an asset
Certificates Required: Satisfactory Police Security Clearance for Vulnerable People is mandatory
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: Prefer at least 1-2 years in similar
Role; 3-5 years of related experience required in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives, or relevant experience
Company Culture: We make lives better every day by providing affordable rental housing at our 18 properties throughout the Durham Region. Our property complexes, with a mix of apartment buildings and townhomes, help us to meet the needs of Durham Region’s diverse population.
We are growing our 1,200-unit portfolio through innovation and the expertise of a solid team of employees who passionately care about making a positive impact each and every day.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: No criminal record, prefer candidates that do not live at any of our properties
Pay Rate: $45,000-55,000k depending on experience