Please note: this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre on behalf of the employer.
Under the supervision of the Management on Duty, the duties and responsibilities of the Back of House Team Members include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Serves guests in the kitchen area on a daily basis
· Exhibits care for guests and fellow team members every day
· Fosters a healthy working relationship with the team
· Upholds all policies and procedures to maintain quality standards
· Takes initiative to support the team
· Carefully prepares food based on orders in a timely manner and upholds company standards
· Keeps work areas impeccably clean
· Performs tasks such as filleting and breading chicken, pressure-cooking chicken, and fries; and
· Ensures the back of the house is spotless, cleans dishes and ensures equipment is well-maintained
We are currently seeking full-time and part-time Back of House Team Members at our brand-new Oshawa location. Team Members must be friendly, enthusiastic individuals with a passion for excellence and service who enjoy taking care of the customer’s needs through detailed food preparation.
- Must be at least 16 years of age upon hire date
- Obtain Food Handler’s Certificate within 30 days of employment
- Ability to handle all equipment, pans, pots, navigating shelving both high and low
- Must be cheerful, enthusiastic and excited about giving our guests REMARKABLE Service!
- Perform physical activities such as lifting (up to 50 lbs.), balancing, bending, standing for long periods of time, walking, handling materials, boxes, equipment, pots, pans, and navigating shelving both high and low
- Must be able to work in multiple stations, including but not limited to filleting, breading and pressure-cooking chicken, and fries
- Must be able to respond to changes or edits to orders quickly and efficiently
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Certificates Required: Obtain Food Handler’s Certificate within 30 days of employment
Vaccination Required: No
Competitive Pay and Development Opportunities: Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
Other benefits of joining our team include:
- College Scholarship opportunities
- Employee meal discounts
- Leadership opportunities
- Personal and professional development
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
- Must be cheerful, enthusiastic and excited about giving our guests REMARKABLE Service
- Customer focused mindset with compassion for colleagues, guests and the restaurant
*** This company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Pay Rate: $17.00 – $17.50/hour