Pizza Chef responsibilities include preparing pizza dough, slicing and chopping toppings like vegetables and meats and executing customers’ orders considering special requests.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with various pizza types and be available to work during business hours.
- Prepare pizzas out of our menu and based on custom orders
- Bake a wide variety of pizza doughs, including thin crust, thick crust and cheese-stuffed
- Make fresh tomato, pesto and white cream sauces
- Wash and chop vegetables (for example, tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms)
- Cut, slice and grill meats like chicken, ham and beef
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed
- Use less traditional ingredients to appeal to a larger audience (for example, vegan cheese and gluten-free flour)
- Cook appetizers, like mozzarella sticks, pizza bites, garlic breads and salads
- Recommend new recipes to update our menus
- Maintain a clean cooking station and sterilize equipment
- Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Pizza Chef or similar role in a restaurant
- Hands-on experience with preparing and baking pizza doughs
- Familiarity with professional kitchen equipment and brick or stone oven
- Understanding of food hygiene
- Good time-management skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends and evenings
- Diploma from a culinary school is a plus
- Also all closing/cash responsibilities.
Education Required: Experience in the restaurant business and as a cook are an asset
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 2-3 years
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
Looking for an individual who will be on the ground floor of a new venture and share in the success in the operation. A team player willing to put in that extra effort.
Social Interaction: You are the face of the business in the evening. Walk-in customers and phone in orders alike.
Please note: “this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre on behalf of the employer.”