Please note: this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre on behalf of the employer.
- Develop and execute an end-to-end procurement strategy
- Forecast supply needs and source appropriate vendors
- Issue requests for quotes and proposals and respond to vendor inquiries
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships, and assess market conditions to ensure goods and services are available when needed
- Negotiating and drafting contract terms and conditions
- Prepare documents to obtain purchasing approvals
- Monitor progress and resolve difficulties related to products and services during and after delivery.
- Develop and maintain reports
- Administer contracts to ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled, including reviewing claims and payments
- Check invoices for accuracy
- Process and pay invoices for purchased goods and services in line with set payment timelines
- Maintain clear and organized records
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Results-orientated with the ability to meet deadlines
- Solid negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities
Education Required: Post-secondary or equivalent experience
Certificates Required: SCM, PMAC nice to have
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 3-5
Vaccination Required: Yes
Ideal Candidate for this Role:
- Have a background or combination of experience in non-profit housing
- Supplier relationship development experience, and/or project management
- Able to work both independently and as part of the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Social Interaction: Working with internal and external stakeholders, vendors, and suppliers.
Communication: Verbal and written.