Website Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Number of positions: 12 (For all the shifts – Day, afternoon & Night)
Work Hours: M-F 8 hrs & Weekends – 12hrs
Possible shifts available:
Weekdays (Monday to Friday) – 8 hrs shift
Day Shift – 6 am to 2 pm
Afternoon Shift – 2 pm to 10 pm
Night Shift – 10 pm to 6 am
Weekends (Saturday or Sunday) – 12 hrs shift
Day Shift – 6 am to 6 pm
Night Shift – 6 pm to 6 am
Pay: $18/hr + OT @ 1.5 times after 44 hours
Education / Certification Required: High school diploma and/or equivalent work experience
Benefits (Yes/No?): Medical, Life Insurance & RRSP Match (50%)
Own Transportation Required: Yes
Vaccination/Medical Testing and/or Disclosure Required: None
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required:
· A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the changing over, cleaning, setting and operating multi-machine production lines for consumer products is ideal
· Previous experience in maintenance and/or mechanical trouble-shooting.
Start Date: Immediate
· Sets up all pieces of equipment for the next product in the schedule.
· Conducts changeovers including Cleaning and sanitizing
· Starts and shuts down equipment as required.
· Monitors equipment and product and adjusts equipment during operation to meet operational and quality standards on line speeds, equipment settings, and fill levels.
· Operates all equipment in accordance with SOPs, GMP and follows all safety procedures (PPE, emergency stops, guarding and lockouts).
· Ensures correct materials are used on lines in correct state
· Completes all required documentation associated with the line-adjustments, quantities,
· Visually inspects product and components for obvious defects during the process, reporting any defect to the Process Leads.
· Follows safe work practices and wears appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Supports GMP through work practices and keeping work area clean and tidy on an ongoing basis.
· Will operate other equipment when no production in assigned machine.
· Team Oriented and self-directed
· Committed to Quality, Safety and Communication
· Ability to follow instructions and production schedules
· Act quickly when a problem arises.
· Strong knowledge of machines in manufacturing setting
· Ability to lift repeatedly
· Comfortable with HMI interface