Please note: this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre on behalf of the employer.
This is a part-time or full-time position supporting our communications team and you will report to our Chief Technology Officer.
The main responsibility of the Social Media Content Creator will be to create and implement a brand and social strategy to drive online presence and invoke visibility by creating and posting blogs, and various social media posts.
The most important responsibility of the Social Media Content Creator is to develop and increase brand awareness through the usage of social media platforms using a variety of social media content including blogs that is completed with a high level of efficiency, accuracy, excitement, and positivity.
Candidates must be proficient in social media and graphic design. Other qualifications include:
- Proven record of increasing brand awareness using social media.
- Technological & social media savvy.
- Creative, visually driven, and outcomes driven.
- Passionate about leading and driving brand awareness to promote an exciting hotel launch.
- Have excellent written communication and digital design skills.
- Be independent and self-motivated.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office products, Canva, and key social media tools.
- Experience or knowledge in creating and implementing a brand and social media strategy.
- Experience with a DSLR is an asset
Education Required: Recent completion or working towards the completion of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, or a related field.