Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Assistant Specialty Cleaning Technician
Number of positions: 1
Work Hours: Full-Time (flexible hours between Monday – Friday)
Pay: $16 – $18, depending on experience (+tips)
Education / Certification Required: Certification Goals
· IICRC Certification in Advanced Carpet Cleaning
· IICRC Certification in Upholstery Cleaning
· IICRC Certification in Flood Restoration
Benefits (Yes/No?): Yes
Vaccination/Medical Testing and/or Disclosure Required: None
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: None
Start Date: ASAP
· To assist in the performance of specialty services for commercial and residential clientele.
· To assist in equipment maintenance or repairs as able.
· To assist in general handyman opportunities in office and at clients as required.
· To assist in general shop organization and vehicle cleanup / maintenance.
· To participate in regular company meetings and participate in maintenance of shop area on an ongoing basis.
· To actively work on in house training programs. To take courses as appropriate outside of office.
· To ensure office procedures are followed and paperwork is filled out in an accurate and timely manner.
· To assist Janitorial Supervisor in new startups, fill ins, and extra cleaning duties.
· To participate in the Emergency On-Call Program as directed by Specialty Operations Manager.
· Good communication skills
· Good understanding of customer service principles and able to consistently implement
· Flexible and able to handle change effectively with minimal disruption to fulfilling job requirements
· This position has an evolving nature, and the above job description will be reviewed annually to ensure it is kept up to date.
· Ability to lift heavy equipment