Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Number of positions: Several
Work Hours: 40 hours a week, you will work on flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, holidays)
Pay: from $15 to $18 based on experience
Start Date: TBD
Benefits (Yes/No?): Yes
Free Thermal Experience *
Possibilities of career advancement
Health Insurance *
Free wellness and fitness classes
Education / Certification: Smart Serve certification (must be completed within 2 weeks of hiring);
· Reporting to the F&B Management Team, the Barback / Busser is an integral part of the food services team whose responsibility is to ensure the smooth running of operations by closely assisting the team of bar attendants and servers in the service and setting-up process. The incumbent also ensures the cleanliness of the restaurant areas at all times, efficiently organize his/her work area.
· You will support the elevation of our culture through the lens of our pillars: The best in wellness | The feeling of somewhere else | A trouble-free experience | In a natural state.
· Know the products / different menus (alcohol, food, etc.).
· Know the different seating charts, table numbers, different sections.
· Participate in the taking of monthly inventories.
· Maintain, control and rotate the products in the cellars, beer fridges, etc..
· Replenish food service outlets (beer, wine, juice, straws, ice cream, etc.).
· Receive and put away orders for food and alcohol.
· Ensure the cleanliness and storage of the cellars.
· In collaboration with the bar attendants and servers, ensure that everything is in place for the team.
· Make rounds to refresh water glasses, clear empty tables or plates when guests are finished eating, cleaning tables and setting them up for future customers.
· Participate in the tasks of cleaning the premises and maintaining the order and cleanliness of the storage, restaurant and service areas.
· Ensure a clean space by respecting the local and provincial health and hygiene laws.
· Perform other related tasks.
· High School Diploma.
· Smart Serve certification (must be completed within 2 weeks of hiring).
· Diploma in restaurant, hotel or service, an asset.
· Knowledge of restaurant POS, an asset.
· Knowledge of the characteristics of different wines and menus, an asset.
· Experience in food service, an asset.
· Good team player.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and high level of customer service; detail-oriented.
· Multidisciplinary, resourcefulness, autonomy.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
· Good physical condition: ability to work long hours on your feet and constantly moving, ability to lift 50lbs (23kg).
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: related bar/hospitality experience would be an asset
Medical Requirements (ie. vaccinations): Preferred at this time (all Covid protocols in place)
We have taken the spa experience and transformed it into a wellness village. The spa village is familiar, feels like home, and allows its guests to escape the hectic pace of modern life. Our spa village is the first of its kind, with state-of-the-art installations and, at its core, buildings reminiscent of a distant past, when life was strongly connected with nature and steeped in traditions. Our spa village, a twist on traditional spa culture, combines unique experiences inspired by rituals found around the globe with a distinctively Canadian character—a peaceful hideaway for our guests not too far from home.
Our mission is to give our guests a moment’s rest by offering them refuge, away from the pressures of modern life where they may rediscover their own well-being and, as a result, live a happier and longer life. Your role as an artisan of our spa village is to cultivate peace. We are passionate and dedicated team players here at the spa village. Always enthusiastic, helpful, conscientious, discrete—and most of all, respectful. We deeply care about everyone—guests and fellow artisans alike—in our wellness village.