Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Number of positions: Several
Work Hours: You will work on a flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, holidays).
Pay: Hourly rate from $17 to $22 based on experience
Start Date: TBD
Benefits (Yes/No?): Yes
Free Thermal Experience *
Possibilities of career advancement
Health Insurance *
Free wellness and fitness classes
Education / Certificate Required: Culinary Diploma from a creditable school, an asset.
· Inspect, clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
· Ensure food is stored, prepared, and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
· Know, understand, and comply consistently with the restaurant’s standards, rules, policies and procedures.
· Portion, arrange and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes, recipe specifications and plate specifications.
· Assist in food prep assignments for designated station during off-peak periods as needed.
· Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods and breaks.
· Close the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assist in other closing activities.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Perform other related duties.
· Basic command of written and spoken English language.
· Food Handling certificate.
· Basic knife skills.
· Manual dexterity.
· Two (2) years experience is a similar position, an asset.
· Culinary Diploma from a creditable school, an asset.
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
· You genuinely care for the well-being of others.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Positive attitude, autonomy, dynamism and detail oriented.
· Good physical condition: ability to work long hours on your feet and ability to lift 50lbs (23kg).
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 2 years an asset
Medical Requirements (ie. vaccinations): Preferred at this time (all Covid protocols in place)
We have taken the spa experience and transformed it into a wellness village. The spa village is familiar, feels like home, and allows its guests to escape the hectic pace of modern life. Our spa village is the first of its kind, with state-of-the-art installations and, at its core, buildings reminiscent of a distant past, when life was strongly connected with nature and steeped in traditions. Our spa village, a twist on traditional spa culture, combines unique experiences inspired by rituals found around the globe with a distinctively Canadian character—a peaceful hideaway for our guests not too far from home.
Our mission is to give our guests a moment’s rest by offering them refuge, away from the pressures of modern life where they may rediscover their own well-being and, as a result, live a happier and longer life. Your role as an artisan of our spa village is to cultivate peace. We are passionate and dedicated team players here at the spa village. Always enthusiastic, helpful, conscientious, discrete—and most of all, respectful. We deeply care about everyone—guests and fellow artisans alike—in our wellness village.