Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Number of positions: Several
Work Hours: Your will work on a flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, holidays).
You may be required to be on call for a pre-determined period.
Pay: Hourly rate from $17 to $22 based on experience
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: Minimum of one (1) year experience in related work
Start Date: TBD
· Knowledge of maintenance techniques;
· Ability to integrate safety into work procedures;
· Ability to follow emergency procedures;
· Ability to properly use maintenance equipment and tools;
· Teamwork skills (autonomy, versatility);
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
· Good physical condition: ability to lift up to 50 lbs (23kg), ability to work in a noisy, hot and/or cold outdoor environment.
· Carry out minor and routine repairs to installations, hardware, furniture and other equipment (filters, furnaces, heat exchangers, lights);
· Carry out minor work (work that does not require the presence of an expert) in carpentry, plumbing, painting, construction, etc.;
· Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas;
· Remove rubble and other renovation debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment;
· Maintain exterior accesses by performing tasks such as mowing lawns, snow removal, de-icing and others;
· Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment;
· Perform other related duties.
Company Culture: We have taken the spa experience and transformed it into a wellness village. The spa village is familiar, feels like home, and allows its guests to escape the hectic pace of modern life. Our spa village is the first of its kind, with state-of-the-art installations and, at its core, buildings reminiscent of a distant past, when life was strongly connected with nature and steeped in traditions. Our spa village, a twist on traditional spa culture, combines unique experiences inspired by rituals found around the globe with a distinctively Canadian character—a peaceful hideaway for our guests not too far from home.
Our mission is to give our guests a moment’s rest by offering them refuge, away from the pressures of modern life where they may rediscover their own well-being and, as a result, live a happier and longer life. Your role as an artisan of our spa village is to cultivate peace. We are passionate and dedicated team players here at The spa village. Always enthusiastic, helpful, conscientious, discrete—and most of all, respectful. We deeply care about everyone—guests and fellow artisans alike—in our wellness village.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
Under the supervision of the Manager, Technical Services, the Day Labourer performs various tasks related to the upkeep and general maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment, while using safe work methods.
You will support the elevation of our culture through the lens of our pillars: The best in wellness | The feeling of somewhere else | A trouble-free experience | In a natural state