Website Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Please note: this opportunity is posted by Durham Region Unemployed Help Cn on behalf of the employer
We are looking for candidates that are able and desiring to work in a wide variety of positions here at the store. They include,
• Clothes processing
• Houseware processing
• Media and books processing and maintenance
• Electronics testing
• Intake merchandising
• Sorting and pricing
• Greeting customers
• Answering questions
• Increasing engagement with merchandise and providing excellent customer experience
• Operating a cash register,
• Managing financial transactions and balancing the till
Social media marketing. Assist with Ecommerce: Taking photos and uploading. Taking online orders and packaging for mail or courier.
The candidate will work in many of these areas based upon the needs of the store.
Receive, assist, and thank guests for their donations
• Lift and move boxes and bags of donated items (up to 50lbs)
• Sort donations and evaluate items for quality and condition
• Price items according to established guidelines
• Meet assigned production targets for each shift
• Place clothing on hangers and items on racks, distribute to the appropriate area on the sales floor.
Store Associate Skills and Qualifications
• Approachable with good interaction/people skills
• Good written and oral English
• Eye for detail
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Possess the ability to learn cash, pricing and sorting procedures, and product display and promotion guidelines
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
Education Required: grade 10 or equivalent
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 1 year experience preferred but not necessary.
• Like-minded individuals with top performance and who are engaged in providing excellent customer experience and the ability to increase sales.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
• Good work ethics
• Works independently
• Fast learner
• Maintain clean and tidy store environment
• Provides exceptional customer services
Pay Rate: $15.50 per hour