Number of positions: 1
Work Hours: Mon. – Fri., 7 am – 4 pm
(Some flexibility, but always daytime, weekday hours)
Pay: $17 / hr.
Benefits (Yes/No?): After probationary period
Education Required: Registration (present or future) in RECE/ECE an asset.
Certificates Required: Registration (present or future) in RECE/ECE an asset
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: Not Required but and asset
Start Date: February 1st (or a.s.a.p.)
- Implementing individual small group activities.
- Modeling these techniques for student teachers.
- Observing and evaluating student interactions with children.
- Redirecting child’s inappropriate behavior.
- Supervising children’s playroom.
- Applying first aid treatment and notifying the parents of the injury depending on its severity.
- Leading children through a 1-or-2-hour lesson plan that may be academic, social/emotional or private school preparation.
- Assessing students on an ongoing basis to ensure that all the child’s learning needs are met.
- Planning and implementing enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Working integrally to improve curriculum.
- Providing training and act as a role model for students and new team members.
- Maintaining a close relationship with families and their children to promote a sense of family and exceptional customer service.
- Strong planning, compassion, organizational, leadership, life, nutrition, health-and-safety, and communication skills.
- Passion for ongoing professional development and growth.
- Working experience in a licensed childcare setting, preferably one that has Early Childhood Education students placed in it.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- First Aid Certificate; CPR (C-level).
- Proof of Current First Aid Certification.
- Training in the use of Environmental Assessment Tools.
- Ability to apply principles of early child development and positive behavior.
- Any legitimate local, provincial, national, or international.
- Passion for constant learning in partnership with children, families, community partners and colleagues.
- Creative and flexible; able to participate in solving problems.
Social Interaction : Constant – verbal, paraverbal, through approved curriculum; must “speak kids’ language”!
Company Culture:Values positive reinforcement, encouragement, and warm, loving interactions, where self-esteem, pride, respect, and self-awareness are paramount.
*Company works in close collaboration with secondary and post-secondary community partners to give assistants required field work necessary to obtaining full RECE/ECE certification.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: Passionate about childhood development and creating constructive, lasting partnerships with community members that enhance kids’ lives through integrated, educational atmosphere filled with love and laughter. Ideal candidate will be registered or registering in a related program and want to grow with organization.
Communication: Fluent English (other languages considered an asset — especially at certain locations, with populations that have English as a second language and/or speak other languages with family and/or at home.