Website First Student Canada
Because the journey is always better together.
The Service Employer maintains and fuels all school buses, activity, and commercial buses in conjunction with First Student’s Maintenance Department: dispenses fuel, checks oil, maintains accurate stick and meter readings, stocks required supplies and equipment, and coordinates the flow of buses to ensure safe operation. Performs light maintenance as necessary to buildings and grounds.
As a Service Employee, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Opens the gates to the lot and checks bus parking areas to ensure all can be dispatched in a timely manner.
- Re-positions any buses that may impede the traffic in the yard
- Maintains accurate records and completes Bulk Fuel Receiving Report, Fuel Variance Report,
- Closing Month-end Report and Meter Calibration Report
- Notifies the Location Manager or designee when a fuel delivery is required and ensures that accurate stick readings are taken before and after delivery
- Checks and fills the oil, antifreeze, power steering, transmission fluid, brake fluid, windshield washer fluid and belts on buses being fueled
- Performs light interior and exterior maintenance on buses as required
- Performs any other management requests or directives as requested
- At First Student, each individual plays an integral part of the communities they serve.
We care as much about you as we do our students and that is why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Wages
Service Employee Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of bus maintenance
- Ability to learn maintenance skills
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: https://workatfirst.com/detail-41112-bus-washer/
or come in to visit us: 80 Mearns Court, Bowmanville, ON Canada L1C 4A2