Location: Oshawa, ON
Number of positions: 1-2
Work Hours: Full-time, weekdays, 8-hr. shifts; possible overtime w/ proper compensation
Benefits (Yes/No?): TBD
Education Required: OSSD (High School Diploma or Equivalent)
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 0-1 (Not required but an asset)
Start Date: Immediately
- Learning to abrasive grit blast, glass bead peen, degrease and mask, various aerospace, nuclear and military components
- Learning how to conduct chemical conversion and the chromate conversion processes required on many parts.
- Learning how to run the Ion Vapour Deposition machines, and do your own Electroplating of Zinc-Nickel, Cadmium, Chrome, Tin and Copper coatings onto aerospace and nuclear quality substrates.
- Candidates will also be trained in simple preventive maintenance activities on all appropriate
- Epoxy, ceramic and water-based spray coatings application training will also be made available for high-performing candidates.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant to be considered.
- Full-time availability Monday to Friday with properly compensated overtime if required.
- Have the desire to learn a trade in the Aerospace field.
- Be interested in working with your hands.
- Being able to physically handle products, materials, supplies and equipment up to 50lbs..
- Be able to communicate, read and write effectively in English and collaborate with other team members.
- Have basic mathematics skills.
*Candidates must undergo a standard criminal reference check (CRC); employer states that certain charges might not disqualify applicants from role (i.e. DUI) — detailed form with stipulations available through employment specialist
Company Culture: Team-oriented, passionate about learning and building skills and excelling in an industry with “staying power”
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
Someone genuinely interested in the aerospace industry
Communication: Mid-to-High-Level English