Pay: $17.00 per hour
Work Hours: Clinic is open 7 days a week. Hours scheduled between 7am -9pm
Education /Certificates Required: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: Hearing Centre or Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Answers telephone.
- Maintains files.
- Schedules appointments and handles correspondence for the Hearing Centre.
- Rings up orders, provides clerical support, cleans area, and provides prompt and courteous member service.
- Answers incoming telephone calls for Hearing Centre. Assists members at counter. Schedules appointments and answers questions about services.
- Rings up orders. Receives payment, makes change, processes cheques, credit and debit charges.
- Supports patient at the returns counter when an item is being returned.
- Receives new orders and repairs. Cross references items received with invoice and original purchase order. Assembles new aids (adding receiver when necessary), ensures hearing aid is turning on and charges accessory items.
- Works with office management software to maintain status of all member hearing aids and records.
- Cleans, sanitizes, repairs, and preps hearing aids for delivery. This can include some programming of hearing aids and modification of ear molds.
- Ships new orders and repairs. Completes and sends order paperwork and ear molds to manufacturer.
- Preserves patient confidentiality. Assists in maintaining a file for each member, for example, ensures patient history sheet is completed, verifies that all third party paperwork is filled out completely by clinician and member. Assists in maintaining a paper and computerized file for each member. Scans all member documents into system. Enters and updates member personal health information and ensures accurate data entry.
- Organizes, submits and keeps track of the status of third party submissions. Ensures a high level of attention to detail when filling out applications for third party funding.
- Prepares quotes and detailed receipts for members to submit to their insurance companies, which may include personal health information.
- Calls member to follow up, book fittings, arrange pick-up and provides a high level of member service.
- Assists with written and oral communication with members and other healthcare providers.
- Adheres to infection control guidelines for Hearing Aid Centre.
- Performs on site and off-site marketing to increase sales according to Hearing Centre Manager’s plan.
- Orders office and clinic supplies when required – including completion of purchase order requirements.
- Cleans department by sweeping, mopping, spaying, wiping and dusting. Empties trash, operates trash compactor and cardboard bailer.
- Follows safety, security and proper sanitizing control procedures.
- On-going company provided safety training commencing on hire date.
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role
- Computer skills
- Office suite is required (testing will be performed)
- Experience with AS400 and Office Management Software is an asset.
- High level of member service skill is required. Attention to detail is required.