Number of positions: 2
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hrs./wk., weekdays
Mon. – Fri., 8-hr. shifts, daytime hours
Pay: TBD (on skill and experience – competitive)
Benefits (Yes/No?): No
Education Required: None, but relevant programs and/or courses an asset
Certificates Required: Forklift, counterbalance truck, Raymond Reach, etc., certification or workshop completion a huge asset (WHMIS and other OHS or relevant training course completion or certification is also an asset)
Experience Required: 1+
Start Date: Immediately
- Supervises 2 forklift drivers; reviews daily production schedules to forecast forklift truck operator needs.
- Prepares and distributes high volume of packing slips and operator assignments based on daily production schedules.
- Demonstrates high level of product knowledge, shares info. and answers questions from drivers
- Coordinates with 2 forklift drivers in receiving, shipping, and warehouse departments to provide additional, timely forklift operation services.
- Routinely observes forklift operation throughout facility for safety and adherence to performance standards.
- Ensures that drivers complete all required preoperational checks and post-shift reports.
- Schedules and/or arranges for maintenance and repair of forklift trucks.
- Maintains inventory of forklift parts and supplies.
- Requests and facilitates purchase of additional and replacement forklift trucks to meet the operational needs of the facility.
- Leads periodic safety meetings; ensures compliance with applicable safety standards, regulations, and policies.
- Respect for others
- Basic numeracy
- Health & safety-minded
- Applies great attention to detail
– Steel toe boots required; other health and safety equipment and training will be provided
– Mostly light lifting and materials handling but could be req’d. to lift to 50 lbs. on occasion
– Positive personality and leadership go a long way in this role; motivating 2 full-time forklift drivers to do their best every day
Company Culture: Friendly, cohesive team culture; small, family-owned company with some great staff retention
Fair, productive, respectful environment that welcomes diversity and promotes inclusion
Social Interaction: Steady and regular; supervises and directs 2 forklift operators in daily work life
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role: A person with a strong work ethic and attendance record; someone who prides themselves on a job well done
Someone who doesn’t mind repetitive projects and is always mindful of health and safety
Communication: Must be able to understand and speak general-level English