Location: Durham Region
Number of positions: 20
Work Hours: 3-6 h hours per day (min. 4 hrs. pay, max. 6+ hrs. pay) Monday – Friday (20-25 hrs./wk.)
Pay: $17.65 – $18.13/hr.
Start Date: Anytime
Number of Years of Previous Experience Required: 1 Year of experience driving in North America with G license.
- Driving kids to and from school/destination, safely and in timely manner
- Cleaning and maintaining the bus — basic wipe down of surfaces
- Reporting any functional or social issues promptly to management
- G License with 1 year of experience in North America
- Over the age of 21
- *Candidates must undergo a Canadian Criminal Reference Check (CRC) with Vulnerable Sector Clearance
*New hires attend an unpaid 2-wk. training period, during which they gain full bus driving certification and license, paid for by First Student Canada (wages subsidize said fees)
Describe the Ideal Candidate for this Role:
- Someone who prioritizes the health and safety of all children/passengers, who’s great with directions, knows the area, and can follow instructions well.
Sporadic with passengers.
Fluent in English (spoken)