Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
- This event has passed.
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership Orientation
October 14, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Mentoring Partnership program brings together Internationally Trained Professional immigrants and established professionals in occupation-specific mentoring relationships. An external evaluation was conducted found that “found that skilled newcomers who participated in TRIEC Mentoring Partnership are:
– Around 2.5 times more likely to be in ‘good quality jobs’ (full time, permanent jobs with benefits and opportunities for advancement)
– Almost 4 times more likely to expand their network … after three months of program completion than those who did not participate.
– The program also had the greatest impact on female newcomers and for those who were unemployed.”
You should sign up for the program if you:
• Have 2+ years of international experience in your professional field
• Have lived in Canada for less than five years
• Are unemployed or underemployed and looking to reconnect with your career
• Are a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or Caregiver